Monday, March 14, 2011

California here I come!

California here I come! In eleven days I am leaving for the USA. Five days in San Francisco, Six days sightseeing in Los Angeles then on to the Romantic Times Convention. This vacation has been arranged since June last year and now with so little time left I am getting nervous. Those who know me may recall that last year I planned a much anticipated trip to New Orleans before the RT Convention. For almost a year I planned and organized and excitement built for a trip to a place I had always wanted to see. Then, disaster.

The damn Icelandic volcano.

I never got to see The Big Easy. In fact, I barely made it to the Romantic Times Convention. I got stuck in Ohio for an extra night on the way home while sick as a dog with tonsillitis and travelled for 24hrs in the same condition as we circumvented affected airports. In the end I had to travel the last 9hrs by coach and train.

So, as the time of departure ticks nearer this year it's perhaps understandable that I'm afraid to be excited. The earth seems to be a very uncertain place these days. Mother Nature has declared war and I am hiding in a ditch hoping she passes me by this time. Please keep your fingers crossed for me, I'd really appreciate it. All being well, I hope to see many of you in L.A. in a few weeks.
Cait x

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure everything will go according to plan, think positive, have a great time and tweet some updates and pics!

Tam said...

I was in SF in October. Wonderful place but damn, too many hills. Ouch. Everyone there must have a butt of steel.

I think you should win some kind of contest for worst trip home ever. Ugh. I have fait that this trip will be uneventful except for multiple celeb sitings. Have fun.

Cait Miller said...

Thanks guys! I am trying to think positive.

Unknown said...

Have a phenomenal trip. LA is full of fun, so relax and enjoy. Hoping there are no natural disasters this time around...

Cait Miller said...

Thanks Jenn!

Tara Nina said...

I'm sending positive vibes your way.
Take lots of pics and have a great time.
Enjoy the EC party without me this year.
I'm gonna miss not dancing with you.

Lynn LaFleur said...

I'm jealous! Hope you have a wonderful time, Cait!

Lynn

N.J.Walters said...

Hope things go perfectly for you this year, Cait!

Crystal Kauffman said...

Okay I'm biased because I live (south of) San Francisco, but it's the greatest city ever. Have a great visit!

Cait Miller said...

Thanks everyone for your good wishes! Those of you who can't make it to RT this year will be missed. Hope we will see each other next time.