Sunday, January 17, 2010
My Bucket List
Don't we all have a list of the things we want to do in our lives? Maybe it isn't actually written on paper, but it's in the back of our minds and we think about it a lot. I'm happy that I've managed to accomplish some of the things I've wanted to do, yet there are still some I hope to do soon.
Here's a little bit from my Bucket List:
1. Become a published author. I can check off that one as done. I published my first book in 2002.
2. Be on a best-selling book list. Done that. Okay, it was on Amazon, but a list is a list.
3. Buy my own home. Check. Yes, the bank still owns part of it, but it's mostly mine.
And some items I've yet to do:
4. See Alaska. I've been to 27 states in the U.S., but haven't made it to Alaska. I hope to do that this summer. My stepson and his wife own 400 acres on an island in Alaska that I would love to see.
5. Visit New England in autumn. I've been to Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and New York, but during the summer. I want to go back in autumn when the leaves are changing colors.
6. Take a train all the way across Canada. This is something I probably could never afford, but I'd love to do it.
7. Travel through the British Isles. The Scribes' Cait Miller lives in Scotland. She's promised me a tour if I ever make it over there. I'm holding her to that promise!
8. Visit Australia. I know there are a lot of authors in Australia. Maybe I could get one of them to play tour guide.
Hmm, do we see a pattern here? Looks like most of my still-to-do items include travel. It's a good thing I have my passport ready!
So what's on your Bucket List? Share with me.