Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years...(what else, but...) Resolutions

So, today is January 3, 2010 and I’m wondering how many articles you’ve read or watched on television that has to do with a new year and a new resolution. I know I’ve had enough resolution info stuffed down my craw to last me the entire year.

My own? Ah, hell – I guess I may as well jump on the bandwagon, too.

Of course there’s the old standard that, damn, I’m going to lose some weight no matter what the cost. I don’t think there’s a person in a 40 mile radius of me that hasn’t already belted that one out.

Oh, and smoking! Yup – that old nail in the coffin is going to be a thing of the past.

I’m going to NEVER let the house get messy. I will vacuum and dust on a daily basis.

All clothes will go directly into the washing machine, then straight into the dryer. I WILL be standing beside them both so that when the buzzer alerts me that clothes are dry, I will immediately take them out and not only fold them, but put them away in the proper drawer, closet shelf, etc.

I will not leave dirty dishes in the sink or on the counter. As soon as every meal or snack is partaken of, the door to the dishwasher will be opened and machine loaded promptly.

I will teach my arrogant little dog that it isn’t proper to doodle in front of the door, but to bark and wait patiently for me to come and let him out.

I will take down my Christmas tree before April 1st.

I will organize my recipe box.

I will never let mail/paper pile up. Everything will be gone through daily and either tossed in the garbage or properly filed.

The chair in my bedroom will NEVER be piled with clothes. Each night before I go to bed I will throw my dirty socks in the hamper (that reminds me…I need to buy one) and I will either fold or hang my shirt and jeans and put them away.

If I eat pizza or ice cream in bed while watching television, I will not leave dirty dishes/napkins/spoons on my bedstand.

I will make more of an effort to save money rather than spend it…

Yeah, right. In a perfect world…maybe! I am going to promise you all something, however. I plan to sub a book on January 31st. Honest. Hmmm…just thought of something. If that’s going to happen then the clothes, dishes, dust, Christmas tree decorations, and dog shit is just going to have to pile up. Wow, just thinking of that makes me nervous enough to run to the store for a pack of cigs. So…better get going! I gotta book to write!

Have a prosperous and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hugs, Ruby

3 comments:

Tielle St. Clare said...

And how many of those have you broken already? Most I hope. You'd be too perfect if you did all that! Good luck with the writing!

Lynn LaFleur said...

That list is much too ambitious. The only resolution I made this year is to read more. That's a resolution I can keep! :-)

Lynn

Cait Miller said...

I made a resolution to join the Glasgow Writers group (meeting is tonight, I'm not there yet) To get more exercise and to write more (took 2 weeks off this month and 2 next to do this) We shall see :)