Monday, July 9, 2012

Rain, rain, go away...

So two months ago some of the UK was under a hosepipe ban because the winter had been too dry. People moaned and complained about not being able to water their gardens or wash their cars. Bet their sorry now. July has been the wettest the UK has had in decades, perhaps ever. There’s widespread flooding and it’s been weeks since we saw any proper sunshine. On the positive side, the hosepipe ban has been lifted. I’m just glad I live on high ground.

I’m not complaining though, I’d much rather have our rain than the 100F temperatures people in parts of the USA are suffering right now. It’s easy enough for me to put up an umbrella or put on a rain coat and still get on with my day. I can’t imagine dealing with those temperatures everyday and getting anything accomplished. I still hope the weather clears up before our summer is a distant memory but it helps to remember that I have a holiday booked in November. In the meantime I’ll don my coat, put up my umbrella and make the most of it.

How are you coping with the weather this summer? Are you sweltering in the heat or dancing in the rain with me?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm outside Boston, and we haven't seen a daytime temp under 85 in weeks. Honestly, a good rainstorm sounds pretty appealing at the moment.

Darjeeling Darlings said...

Love to have that rain!

A.M. Guynes/Annikka Woods said...

Rain? What's that? We haven't seen that since March. *sigh* I'd love to see some rain here. I don't like summer for two reasons: heat and no rain. Of course, I live on the edge of a desert so I should be used to that. I miss the rain from where I used to live in WA.